Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeye's and Talapia

Options
Mayberry Smoker
Mayberry Smoker Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife is wanting Talapia for supper tomorrow night, so she's getting Talapia for supper, but me and my son are wanting ribeye's. What would be the best way to fix both so they're ready about the same time. I've fixed Talapia several times indirect but I've never did a steak yet. I haven't bought the steak yet, so I don't know how thick they are going to be, usually the store we go to they don't cut their meat real thick. I've got the cast iron grate now so I'm wanting to try it on a steak. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Options
    Mayberry Smoker,[p]It's probably too late now, but for future reference ...[p]In my opinion, you should cook both the ribeyes and tilapia direct. Grill the steaks on the egg following any of the standard recipes. Meanwhile, the tilapia can be marinating in whatever seasoning you prefer.[p]When the steaks are done, set them aside to rest for a couple of minutes, wipe the beef fat off the grid, and put the tilapia on. It will only take about 2 min/side to grill the tilapia, so the steaks will still be plenty hot when the fish is done. You can serve everything at once.