Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Turkey Breast Recipe?

Options
Trout Bum
Trout Bum Posts: 343
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever done a whole turkey breast. Both sides still together with breast bone and skin still intact. Would appreciate recipe with temps and time.
Thank You,
B D

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    TimM's site has lots of info as he does those a lot.
    As far as recipes, my favorite by far is Brant's Brine (see link below, and just use the brine recipe). Man I love that. Rub under the skin with whatever you like. Roasted garlic is awesome.[p]Cheers!
    NB

[ul][li]Bran't Brine[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    a little butter or olive oil and a little paprika or whatever you like then 350º indirect (drip pan) at 20 min per pd as a rule of thumb with 160-170º for the breast meat
    We've done a few this way and enjoy them very much each time Simple - Easy[p]Carey

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    You know, I've tried both Brant's recipe and the garlic-roasted recipe and I think I'm just as content with no brine and a little Lowery's under the skin. I spay on a little olive oil and it's ready to go. A friend of mine just takes the bird out of the freezer and pops it in the oven without any preparation and they always turn out fine. Simpler may indeed be better.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    bdavidson,
    Great point. Simple is always good. Sometimes my quick prep cooks are the best ones.[p]Still love that brine! Man that cinnamon is good with poultry, and leftover turkey salad is righteous with those flavors from the brine.[p]So many roads to Shangri-La.
    Happy Sunday!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Sundown
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    You are up early I wonder why? Have you tried any stirfry on Mr. Egg yet?
    Stirfry comes as close to health food as I can get and still enjoy myself ;')
    Wife loves the idea of veggies and chicken (or whatever) and the fact I'll eat it. I'm happy cooking on Mr. Egg!
    BGE should charge more of the product because it's so versatile. I'm tempted to bring the wok to Waldorf next year and have some fun. Gotta get you off the mark here kid and get you wok-king on Mr. Egg1
    Have a great day!
    Carey

• bdavidson
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    In defense of preparation though, when I have the time, I always brine or marinate.... I'm a habitual briner I guess. Only when I have no time do I deviate.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Sundown,
    I have a bunch of work to do, so I got up early. Two hours later I am still drinking coffee and playing on the computer....hard to work. Looks gorgeous outside. Might have to put off working a bit more.[p]Still plan on getting a second wok soon for outdoor use. I hung out with Char Buddy when he wokked at the eggfest this year. The high heat does wonderful things. As I stirfry on the stove often, I have lots of things I want to try! [p]You have a great one too.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Sundown
    Options
    bdavidson,
    There's a 12 step program for you briner people ya know! You are all soooo compulsive about things! ...and I'm not!...[p]8>)[p]Carey

• bdavidson
    Options
    Sundown,
    I never miss a B.A. meeting. Nature Boy is my accountability partner.