Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One feral cat, thanks for great grate advice

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

maybe I'm a little psychic, I don't know. Just a few days ago when the topic came up about broken grates, I expressed some concern that I wanted to have a cast iron grate around "just in case" and inquired about what size I would buy for a medium BGE. One feral cat provided me with the necessary info for a med. grate catastrophe. Well, here it is, luckily not an evening with invited guests, I discover that my grate is broken in two pieces and then as I am dumbstruck and fiddle around with it, make that three pieces. It's 5:30 Sat. afternoon, I drive to the local mega-hardware store, find a suitable cast-iron floor drain (the egg gods are with me !) and bring it home. I baked it for quite a while before actually putting on the jerked pork kabobs I had planned. The moral of this story is I would not have been able to drive calmly to the hardware store and buy, of all things, a cast iron floor drain without the help of the great (grate ?) people on this forum. Thanks.