Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Babyback ribs

Options
NitroSmoke
NitroSmoke Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is the accepted method for cooking babyback ribs 2/2/1? Ive been asked to make some for the weekend and I usually do spares. Just want to make sure Im right on the times.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    NitroSmoke,
    2 hours in the foil is entirely to long IMO...3/1/1 or 3/1/1.5...lately I have been doing the foil stage for less than an hour...If you leave them in the foil for 2 hours you most likely wont even be able to get them out of the foil, they will be falling apart....You can see a couple of methods in the cooks section of my website..[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    NitroSmoke,
    i like to just let them go for 6 hours or so indirect at 225. ...per car wash mike. . .no foil . .. .spritz em every now and then with apple juice. ...last half hour, sauce em and let the temps climb through about 275. ..good stuff

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2006/messages/321310.htm[/ul]
  • NitroSmoke,
    I ALWAYS do 3hour in the first stage. If I buy the super meaty ones from Costco I will foil those for two and take them out for another 1 hour. But if they are just normal ribs from Safeway or some place i do 3/1/1 at 225.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    NitroSmoke,
    i just cook them raised grill either direct or indirect. when i did the 311 method with foil, the trick was to peek to see where the ribs are at more than by time during the foiling

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it