Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A new arrival weighing in at..... a lot!

Options
galoot
galoot Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, we picked up a new XL this morning, and it is now sitting unassembled in the living room. And no, it won't stay there even though it would make winter cooks a whole lot more comfortable; at least for a short while. Digressing.. My actual question is what does the new spring assist lift look like? I got one with the egg, but it is different that the one at the store and am wondering which is the new one? Never seen a picture of the "new and improved" lift, so don't know which is which. Anyone got a picture of the new one?

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    DSC00042.JPG
    <p />Smoke2much,
    Here`s a pic of mine, which as far as I know is one of the originals..actually didn`t know that there was a new one...you can see more pics of it in the Tips section of my website...[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • galoot
    galoot Posts: 69
    Options
    WessB,
    Thanks for the quick reply and the pic's. It is totally different from what I have. I am guessing what they may have given me is the springs and hinge assembly from a large egg as I seem to have parts that look like - (remember they are still in the bag) the ones in your pic. Is yours the retrofit kit mentioned on the bge.com home page? If so, I wonder what the original looked like. Maybe too they gave me both.

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Smoke2much, you need the new assembly. Not sure which one Wess has pictured.

• BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    tnslagamater,[p]I am confused. The XL's I have---one bought 2 weeks ago-- have the same assembly as Wess shows. Are you now saying that there is NOW yet another assembly?[p]As for the springs I took them off and will not put them back on. They pull up the back of the dome and allow far too much in and out.