Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new...what extras do i need to get?

Options
John
John Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i got a new large egg with nest and wings and electric starter, what else do i need before i get started?

Comments

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    john,
    Congrats!
    Nothing else to get started - I'm sure you have lump.
    You will want to get a platesetter for indirect cooking (pork butts, brisket, pizza, etc). It's as close to a 'must' as any item.
    That being said your next decision is what to cook first![p]There are a ton of items you will pick up in your first year, but I wouldn't say any are mandatory. Hopefully someone will post "THAT HUGE LIST" that always gets posted when someone asks this question....[p]Again, welcome to egging, and please share the details of your first cook. My one tip: Be sure to let the smoke clear before you add food or you risk a ruined meal.

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    john,[p] You do not NEED any eggessories; however,you will eventually WANT to buy all of them.. Just give in now and get it over with :)[p]Plater Setter and pizza stone.
    Lump, Meat.
    Electric Fence to keep neighbors away!!

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    john,
    some type of meat thermometer depending on your budget you have plenty of choice, polder, maverick, thermapen, guru, stoker......on and on. [p]I find the grid lifter handy and some good heat resistant gloves, many choices, many preferences amongst those that post. each has it's own merits.