Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Cordon Blue?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody ever egged them some chicken cordon blue? Have all the ingredients and thought I might do a twist on this old classic. Thinking 350 indirect w/ some pecan for flavor. Any thoughts?

Comments

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    atxegger,[p]I have egged some and it is gooooood.[p]I am not sure that I would use pecan, but if you do you might want to go real easy on it.[p]Let us know how it turns out.
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    atxegger,[p]I'd skip the smoke for your first try. The breading might absorb more than you'd like.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    atxegger,
    i haven't done this myself but this looks right. wess's site is really good i have done a few things from there
    happy eggin
    tb

[ul][li]WessB's cordon blue[/ul]

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• atxegger,
    OK ya'll here's the update for those who give a flying fart. Haha. Was running out of time (hectic day yesterday) so I ended up just pounding the breasts (hehe) & filling them w/ the ham & swiss. Rolled them up tight, a little salt & pepper coat, skewered & tossed them on the egg direct at 375 w/ a single small chunk of nicely soaked Pecan. "No time for love Dr. Jones" Anyhoo the results were Splendific. Pecan really blended well with the swiss. The two really set themselves off. Even the lady who usually doesn't like the smokey flavor loved it. Although a highly bastardized version of Cordon Bleu, I would highly reccomend it to anyone who's in need of a quick cook.
    Saludos,
    atx