Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Short Ribs?

duckeggduckegg Posts: 267
edited 12:27PM in EggHead Forum
My bro-in-law brought over a couple of pounds of beef short ribs. They are hardly short, there are three of them about a foot long, all cut to a single bone. I have never seen these before, I did a quick search of the forum and they were all cut differently than mine, most were cut across the bone, mine is between the bone. They seem nice and meaty though.[p]Should I cook these dudes low 2 slow or sear them TRex style? Should I invite my bro-in-law over to eat them?[p]Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• big houndbig hound Posts: 103
    duckegg,
    Those are uncut short ribs, and smoked right, they're wonderful. Most stores cut them into little ribs, but for me they're not as good. Trim the fat, dry rub them and smoke them indirectly at 225 - 250 for 7 to 9 hrs. I then cut them from the bone and eat them like I would a big hunk of beef, tender and jucy. You'll be wanting more.

• PharmeggistPharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    duckegg,
    See link below.

[ul][li]http://www.thesmokering.com/BeefRibs/default.jsp[/ul]
  • duckeggduckegg Posts: 267
    Pharmeggist,
    Thanks, I am going to do them this week, still need advice about bro-in-law :-)