Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Call for heart healthy recipes that Eggers like!

Options
The Virginian
The Virginian Posts: 275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dear Friends,
Spurred by my friend Kenny's recent close call and concerns for my own long-term eating habits, I would like to start collecting heart-healthy recipes that Eggers really like. If you have a favorite, please post it and I will collect them up. If there is sufficient interest I will find a way to put them on the Internet as a collection. [p]So, bring on your salmon, chicken, your pork tenderloin, your olive oil and flavorful low-salt rubs, your simple grilled veg, and whatever else you have to contribute. I know this is not for everyone, but I suspect that it will meet the needs of a signicant number of people who frequent this board. Thanks in advance.[p]Brett
Free Range BBQ

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    The Virginian,
    Check out just about any recipe from Q-Babe. She is THE Weight Watchers Guru!![p]I wish she and Larry would move to Atlanta then I could go to her meetings!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,838
    Options
    The Virginian,
    i dont think i know what healthy is anymore, they are always changing the rules. ive read that shell fish really isnt that good for you while other reports say to eat it up, ive seen that it raises cholesterole, but if thats not a problem to someone with low cholesterol, then it would be healthy. this dish could be made with just a little chourico and still be good, go light with the allspice as it can get overpowering. where does bread fit on a healthy diet nowadays. it doesnt need to be made in a cataplana, any enamelled or glass pot would work, i wouldnt cook it in a seasoned castiron pot as i dont like the flavor that tomatoes pick up in those pots

[ul][li]fishermans stew[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it