Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasting Cauliflower

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I work a variation on a technique I learned from Cook's Illustrated for oven-roating cauliflower. Here it is.[p]Remove the leaves from a head of cauliflower, and cut the stem so it protrudes just a little beyond the cauliflower head. If it's a big cauliflower, cut it into 8 wedges - tonight's was a small head, so I only cut it into 6. Spray the wedges with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Place the wedges cut side down on a sheet of foil and form the foil into a sealed pouch.[p]Heat the Egg to 450 degrees. For convenience, I put the pouch on a pizza pan, and set this on a pizza stone atop the plate setter. (Got plate setter and stone heated to 450 first.)[p]After 10 minutes, open the pouch and continue roasting for 12 minutes. Turn the wedges so "the other" side is down, and roast for another 12 minutes. (34 minutes total cooking time) Remove and serve immediately.[p]The cauliflower was so sweet Diana thought I'd seasoned with more than just salt and pepper. Not so; roasting brings out all the natural sweetness.[p]Wish I had a picture, but all six wedges disappeared before I even thought about it.[p]Ken

Comments