Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTD and Celtic Wolf, eat your heart out! (with lotsa pics)

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, you guys just about drove me crazy last night with all your steak pics. So I just had to have me a steak tonight - bummed knees and apartment police be damned!!![p]Here was our fine specimen: a 16 ounce ribeye, rubbed only with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, a little EVOO:[p]fad07_1-web.jpg[p]And momma would have told me to eat my veggies as well, so I picked up some baby bellas that I would later give a very quick bath in Italian salad dressing before hitting the Egg:[p]fad07_3-web.jpg[p]So here is that 2"-thick ribeye searing away (not as many flames as would usually be in this type of shot - I'm trying to be a bit clandestine here):[p]fad07_2-web.jpg[p]And here is the ribeye and shrooms ready to come off the Egg (notice the RTD-inspired layout of items on the Egg):[p]fad07_4-web.jpg[p]Dinner is served with some crusty bread:[p]fad07_5-web.jpg[p]And for dessert, a simple chocolate cake (not cooked on the Egg and the cake was from a mix, but the icing was homemade chocolate ganache icing - mmmm):[p]fad07_6-web.jpg[p]Now I'm stuffed and, well, my knee is back on ice because it became a bit swollen from all the cooking, but I think it was well worth it![p]Cheers everyone![p]TRex

Comments