Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Sammich

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been thinking (oh boy!!) of grilling sammiches (i.e patty melts, ruebens, cheese) on the egg. Not sure how it would work if placed directly on grate or use camping type cast iron griddle thingy.[p]Any and all comments are welcome. [p]Thanks, Mike

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    MikeM,
    sure can - just get yourself a griddle that will fit your size BGE. Some of us use a 10.5" round Lodge brand griddle. Using a hack saw cut the handle off and then dress it down with a bench grinder. Is gives you a real handy device.[p]Start with this:
    IMG_0189.jpg

then you'll get this:[p]IMG_0190.jpg

How do I know? Count the handles I've cut off so far!
    IMG_1641.jpg[p]

• RRP,[p]I've seen those griddles around. I was looking at the square ones but thought it might be a little to thick.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,911
    Options
    MikeM,
    as long as you have adequate space for air flow you'll be fine. The only trick I had to learn is if you plan to cook with the lid open think through the timing to grill your sandwiches because your fire could turn into an inferno. I close mine more than have open and also always be alert for a flashback. My eyebrows and eyelashes still haven't recovered from over a month ago.

• rex clingan
    Options
    I've been thinking of using two pizza stones (not sure yet with/without foil) to grill Cuban sarnies on the egg.