Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Butt (cooking 2 at a time)

BubbaLEEBubbaLEE Posts: 7
edited 12:41PM in EggHead Forum
I have 2 pork butts that are 8 lbs. each. I will put both on the Lrg. BGE and cook at the same time. How many hours per pound would you could both pork butts?

Comments

• will tell you 2 hrs/lb. but, that being said, every butt you ever cook will be different than the previous. I once cooked a 7 lber for about 20 hours before it reached 200*.
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    BubbaLEE,[p] I would "could" them for 1-2 hours per pound at 250 degs. Dome.[p]

• EddieMacEddieMac Posts: 423
    You can generally count on approximately 2 hours per pound....8lb. butt....approximately 16 hours.....2 8lb. Butts....approximately 16 hours.....No two butts are created equal....so....start monitoring internal temps after 14 hours....Some cooks longer....some shorter.....Run your dome temp at about 275 and you'll be fine....Butts are hard to mess up.....[p]Ed McLean....eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL