Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Taters

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are some taters. These were seasoned with extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper. These were cooked direct on the Egg for about an hour. I then took them off, sliced in half, and seasoned with more salt and pepper, a boatload of herbs de provence, and some more ev olive oil. These were then placed into a 325* oven. I added some extra sharp cheddar and some feta cheese for the last 10 minutes.[p]Thanks to CW and Jim Nufer for the advice.[p]taters.jpg[p]Cornfed

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Cornfed, great job for serving...makes me ready to do more tomorrow. Just taters to have with all my leftover brats and burgers.
    Your getting handy with that cool pic machine..:-)
    C~W[p]

• Cornfed
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]One of the great things about these were that they were the last leg in the cook for the afternoon. I'd aleady served the chicken and beef but everyone was waiting for the taters. I served these things just as depicted above. I simply took the entire large roasting pan outside with all of the taters sitting there ready to be grabbed by the guests (my parents). I'm starting to get really familiar with my parent's individual taste preferences. I think my mom actually liked these more than anything else I served today...which I think is really great.[p]Man, though, I have to tell you....There was this little gathering of juice from the EV Olive Oil that accumulated in the bottom of the pan. Throughout this juice were some clumps of herbs de provence. If you took a clump of run-off cheese and scooped up some olive oil juice and some herbs, you were in absolute heaven!!![p]An extremely tasty treat!!![p]Cornfed
  • Char-Woody
    Options
    Cornfed, you nailed it...no left over's, not even juice.
    :-)
    Those taters left overnight in the fridge and warmed up are sensational also..never toss one.
    C~W[p]

• Cornfed
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]What's funny about the taters is that my mom went out of her way to take some home. She's claiming that she ate too much today and that she's not going to eat anything tomorrow. The funny thing is that she went out of her way to take some taters home for later. I love cooking for people and then witnessing their real preferences. My mom definitely liked the taters better than anything else and showed it by going out of her way to take leftovers home for the rest of the week/to give her sisters to show how she liked the mom's day cook.[p]Thanks again for the tater-tips,
    Cornfed

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Cornfed, I read this this morning..and double, no, triple grinned...heeeyaaaa.
    I like your mom already!!
    C~W[p]