Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well, I did it too......

Options
Carl T
Carl T Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mini_Egg.jpg
<p />purchase a new Mini that is. A local dealer happened to have one in stock while I was browsing eggcessories. I could not pass it up. I brought it home on Friday, and have used it every day since. The chops turn out especially fine. My wife is using the term "compulsive" now, especially when I mentioned that I only need one more egg to complete the set.[p]Did two small 8" pizzas tonight for the first time with my new plate setter on the large (three fire bricks under the upright setter). They turned out VERY good. I definately will make more. I made the dough in my bread machine and let it set for two days in a sealed bag in the fridge. The crusts were perfect, slightly crispy yet moist and chewy.[p]I'm having fun now.[p]Carl T

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Carl T,
    Nice shot. You are truly an addict. By the seeds on the ground, i see you have plenty of maples around. Makes some killer smokin wood.[p]I would have bought a mini at the fest, but we don't even have a doghouse. : )[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Daryl
    Daryl Posts: 27
    Options
    Carl T,[p]Your wife is right..., but,.... who cares.[p]You could cook quite a feast on that trio!
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Carl T, great shot.. Now thats what I call an "EggRoll". You will find a need for all of them in a cook. I had 6 big potato's in my small at 300F for a hour..It was full. Had french bread in the Large and when I took that off, I let it idle for half hour, and reheated to 650-700F for some grand ribeye steaks that marinated in olive oil for 4 days in the fridge..Still red and fresh in vacuum sealed bags.
    Timing was perfect..hot bread, ribeyes and baked spuds all ready at the right time.
    BTW..I had several baked spuds left over as I had also put in some sweet taters for those that liked em. The sweet taters went first. I had olive oil coated the spuds, and then a few shakes of lemon pepper on the exterior. I have been having a baked potato the last few days reheated with a drenching of butter and melted in pepperjack cheese, and believe me, I am gonna roast more for the fridge..these have a great smoke aftertaste and almost better than fresh off the grill. So don't toss left over baked potato!
    Cheers again...happy Grillin
    C~W[p]