Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back time

Options
Dawgtired
Dawgtired Posts: 632
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the preferred method for baby backs? I have been using JJ's method but I'm thinking the times and temps may be more for spare ribs than BB's? I would love to hear from the wise Baby Back sages out there as I'm going to put some on in the next little while.
Thanks!!!

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

Comments

• TheStormyDOg
    Options
    Dawgtired,
    3-1.5-1 always works for me, indirect at 250, the foil stage I mix in some apple juice and beer. Rub them the night before with dizzy dust and always remember the back membrain.
    Good Luck

• Dawgtired
    Options
    TheStormyDog,
    Yes, I always pull the membrane but when I cook as you suggest, which is JJ's method the ribs are usually falling off the bone. Not overcooked and still good but they just don't need that slight pull I like to get them off the bone.

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.

Ronald Reagan

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    Dawgtired,[p]I like to rub them the night before with whatever rub I am in the mood for. Set up large, indirect with a drip pan of beer or water at 225F with a vertical holder. Cut 3-4 slabs in half and set in the rack. After about 2-3 hours spritz with orange juice when in a sweet mood, Soy and water when in an oriental one, apple juice and water or worchestershire when in a different mood. Spritz every 30 minutes or so. I do not remove and wrap in foil as many do, don't ask me why not just never do. Probably too messy. Sometimes I will sauce the last 45 minutes and some times will just take off after 5-6 hours and let everyone sauce themselves. Some like hot sauce, vinegar, or mustard ets. Depending on the crowd.
  • Michael B
    Options
    Dawgtired,
    Cut your foiled time a bit and you should get what you are looking for.