Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket:: Back to the Future?

Options
omba
omba Posts: 241
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Me again! :-)
That Subject line get your attention? This is NOT about recipes or rubs, directs or indirects, Gurus or guts, temeperatures or timings. Rather it's a simple question with one of my overly long prologues.[p]THE PROLOGUE:
I have made 3 briskets over the past 55 days that I've had the pleasure of residing in Planet Eggdom. All three have been poorly timed for guests. :-( We made due with other goodies, and I've learned my lesson: start the brisket around midnight the night before; do not begin at 7AM! Each of the 3 late briskets has been consumed by yours truly in the days after the guests have gone. I've done the simmering in barbecue sauce, made the ABT's, packed the Hash on a Shell potatoes, and they have all been wonderful. Really wonderful. Please note: I have never even tasted a "fresh" brisket. Moving right along ...[p]THE QUESTION
Is a "fresh" brisket (out of the 1-3 hour cooler) a different experience than the leftover treatments noted above? [p]THE COROLLARY
I am going to do the brisket thing again in 2 weeks. The 3 above have all been flats in the 4.5-5 lb range with 10-12 hours cooking. Is it worth it for me to track down the WHOLE brisket, the mighty chunk o'chest, or is the brisket experience the same with my baby flats?[p]Thanks as always,
Peter

Comments