Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt question

Options
Mayberry Smoker
Mayberry Smoker Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put 2 9# butts on tonight, rubbed with Dizzy Dust, going to make pulled pork when it's done, for a dinner at church next week. I've read on here somewhere that you all put the rub on the meat after it's pulled, should I put the rub on when I pull the meat or when I warm it up next week or does it matter. I'm also doing 2 big chuck roast using Clay's recipe do I do the rub on the finished chuck roast the same as the butts. Thanks.

Comments

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Hmmm....As far as I know....It's considered best to rub your Boston Butts entirely with a thin coat of yellow mustard....then apply your rub generously....and then put on the BGE for a 16 - 20 hour (+/-) sweat......[p]I'm someone has sprinkled rub on meat that's already been pulled....and it may be great....but I haven't tried that yet...and perhaps I should....I just throw on some Blue Hog...get out the buns and slaw....and start building sammiches....[p]Ed McLean
    Ft. Pierce, FL