Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Med Egg or Large?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lookin to purchase my 1st egg soon,Just wondering if any med egg owners ever wish they had purchased large instead? I'll be cookin for 2 90% of the time but I tend to cook enough for 3-4.love havin the leftovers.Can't wait to get started, sure enjoy everybody's pictures also..thxs

Comments

• Eggin in Peoria
    Options
    lurker,
    Cook for 2 about the same %.....love the large. Go bigger.

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    lurker,
    Get the large. I have a large medium and small. Eventually you will want a small or medium to go with your large, but start with the large. You can make bigger pizzas in the large. More chicken pieces or anything else that you will be cooking in a single layer like that. What about Thanksgiving turkey when the relatives come over? Get the large.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    lurker,
    seven years ago I was at the same crossroad you are now. Just 2 here also BTW. Eggers then steered me toward the large just like I am doing with you. You'll love it!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Metalhead
    Options
    lurker,
    don't know about the medium but I am cheap as all
    get out and I sprang for a large then 6 mos later got the small. I cook for two on them, but really it is just for mr(being the glutton that I am)

• NCEgger
    Options
    lurker,[p]I started with the large and I am glad that I did. I now also own a medium. I would go large and then decide if you need another one. Besides the difference in price is like $100.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    lurker,[p]I started with the Medium, mostly because it was a demo and available at a really good price. I was cooking for 4 or a little more most of the time. After 2 1/2 years, I decided to add a Large. I love my Medium and it makes a great commpliment to the Large. It's only a matter of time 'till a second one comes along anyway. The Large is probably the best bet for your first Egg.

• Eggin in Peoria,
    I went with the med.,and have regrted that choice since.
    I should have went large, now I regret that. I do love the med. but after time the larg. is what I should have first.
    Good luck with your choice, mine wasn't a mistake,just not very good planing![p]BEST of wishs to ya.

• UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    Options
    lurker,
    Ditto for the large. Get a small or med later.

• lurker,
    I'm single...I bought a large a month ago.
    Tonight, 2 small tri-tips and a small flank steak were cooked and will make great left-overs all week. [p]Besides, when it comes time to cook ribs and if you ever entertain, you're going to want more room. Heck, I even have a grid extender I've had to use.[p]Mike

• greggster,I went large only because it was comparable to the standard Weber kettle and you could easily cook for 4 on it. I also was looking for an excuse to try and post my first picture.

[ul][li]http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t267/smokedaddy_01/Food%20Pics/Foodpics002.jpg[/ul]
  • Michael B
    Options
    lurker,
    If you are single, have no other friends or family, and don't plan on changing your condition, get the medium or even a small. Otherwise, get the large.

• Thxs for everybody's input, after reading everybody's comments I started thinking about all the things I tend to start puttin on the grill and I could see the large does make sense..