Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgate prep

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2 racks of pork spares on the small (piled) in a rack over aluminum foil. These were seasoned with salt, pepper, sugar, paprika, sage, and herbs de provence. Cooking over apple chips and hickory chunks. 8 sausages are rubbed with charcrust. Three colors of peppers and an onion are chopped and ready to be grilled. Gonna pre-cook the ribs tonight then reheat them in foil in the mini tomorrow. Next, we'll throw on the sausages and have big sammies. I'm also bringing tater and macaroni salads. A friend is bringing chips and many people are bringing beer (I have a Chimay, some Rougue Dead Guy Ale, and some Victory Hop Devil). Have two flavors of Gatorade for the post game dry mouth.[p]I actually bought some beef cubes, cherry tomatoes, and more peppers and onions for some kabobs but I think I'm going to leave them home since we probably already have more than enough food.[p]I think I'm gonna try and get organized (clean out the grill, set aside bags of stuff to bring to the game, etc) while the ribs cook. I have to leave my apt by 9am tomorrow and Cornfed doesn't like getting up early on Sundays...[p]Later,
Cornfed

Comments

• Fritz
    Fritz Posts: 179
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]I gotta ask. With all this great food and beer before the game and the gaotrades for after, what do you eat or drink INSIDE the stadium? Anything? Do you smuggle food/drink in? Or do you spend another $20 on crappy beer and dogs?[p]Just curious.[p]Fritz
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Fritz,[p]That's the strategy - eat enough before/after the game that you don't need to spend any money inside on cheap beer and bad food. A few caveats: 1) If you drink a little too much or a little too little before the game, you're either so drunk you buy more beer inside or not drunk enough so you buy more inside. 2) Watered down Yankee stadium beer is bad. Foot long dogs are OK. The combination of the two, though, is something magical.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Cornfed,
    True.True.
    RhumAndJerk