Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

DP's Crunchy wings - WOW

MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
edited 10:35AM in EggHead Forum
Cooked DP's wings last night - came out far better than I ever thought. Everyone at dinner could not believed I did not fry them. They thought i was lying when I told them I cooked them on the egg. The wings even stayed crunchy after saucing them the last 30 min. This seems to be the only way to cook wings from now on. Has anyone tried this method with regular pieces of chicken ??

Comments

• WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Waldorf2005HotLegs.jpg
    <p />Memphis,[p]Yes, I've done them many times with drumsticks. Do them the same as the wings and you've got a great leg... though, if I had to pick between the two, I think the recipe works best with wings.... all of that skin on the wings really makes for flavor punch.[p]Crunchy chicken on a stick.... good stuff![p]
    john

• egretegret Posts: 4,089
    Memphis,
    What kind of sauce did you use?

• MartyMarty Posts: 16
    Memphis,[p]Where are you in Memphis? I am a new transplant here (Bartlett) from California. Would love to meet up and cook with a fellow egger.
  • orion11orion11 Posts: 140
    Memphis,
    Do you all do these with a direct, raised grid? Looks like from the picture that there is no plate setter involved?

• Memphis,[p]These wings sound great. I'm new to the forum -- could you either post the recipe/method or point me somewhere that I can get it?[p]Thanks.[p]Matt
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Matt, try this link

[ul][li]Dizzy Pig Recipes[/ul]

• Thank you, O Wise One.

• orion11,[p]direct, raised grid...hint, rotate the grid each time you turn the wings to insure even heating..no need for drip pan[p]