Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck!

Options
BlueSmoke
BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend's "maiden voyage" was so much fun I can barely wait for the next outing. How best to deal with a duck?

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BlueSmoke,
    Look down below a few days or so. We were just talking about duck. I have done duck, but only twice. Several pricks in the skin to allow the fat to render, a rub or paste under the skin (something like soy sauce, peanut oil, garlic, pepper, 5-spice powder is good...but could use anything), and 375-400 elevated over a drip pan. [p]Maybe some others could chime in with other ideas, and internal temps. I think I did the breast to 170 and it was perfect....but my records are lame. I cooked mine at 350, but will do it hotter next time.[p]Good luck, and congrats on your successful start!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Nature Boy:[p]I agree, 400º/425º and over a drip pan. The higher temperatures will give a nice crispy skin. I would consider pulling at 160º/165º and "resting" till it rises to 170º. Resting (in a serving plate or pan covered with foil) allows the moisture to redistribute in the bird.