Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chuletas? (thin cut pork chops)

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
They had these thin cut pork chops on sale about a week ago at the store and I picked up a bunch of them, not knowing what to do with them but it was a good deal. Was thinking about crock pot stuff for those long days at work. Anyway, I found a recipe in a book that I have for Chuletas? They are thin cut, they call for "paper thin" cut, pork chops, seared over a hot fire for a minute or two a side. It has a rub and a relish to serve it with. I'm going to do them tonight on the egg and will post the results. I've seen a hundred posts for what to do with thin pork chops, this may be the answer to some of those questions if it comes out well. [p]Troy

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Hey Sprinter, I will swap ya some PP, for some of those chops. I had brined chops last night..They be good!
    Cold here, sun shining, 29F.

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Not too bad here, about 33 but windy. Sun is out now, up to about 45 today. BUT, tonight we're trying to break the record, down to about 27 they say. Tomato and pepper plants are covered, think I'll leave them covered all day today to make a greenhouse type thing and try to keep the ground warm for them, lettuce and spinach should be fine.[p]These chops are real interesting, will definitely post the results.[p]Troy[p]PS: I'll take you up on that Java, been here since 6:34 (I noticed my clock, this am, just not posting but watching. Early am for me but work called.