Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

32F Winds gusting 39 mph and snow flakes in the air! Q'time?

Options
Char-Woody
Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just put on a Boston butt, frozen solid then thawed four to 6 days in the fridge, soaking up rubs prior to freezing, and just on at 3:31 p.m. this afternoon in thick hickory smoke on a double rack setup over a drip pan. Man does it smell great with a finish of fresh ground peppercorns and hot jamacian mustard rubbed in extra.
Ideal weather for Boston Rub cooks...:-) Boy do I love Iowa. Where else can you have preliminary blizzard conditions and tulips and daffodils on their way up! Neighbor mowed his lawn yesterday...hardly see his tracks..heeeeyaaaa.
C~W
BTW..my dome temp said 80F when I put the meat in...Great smoke temperature.
Cheers...C~W

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Sounds like Qin time ta me! Your cold air is workin' it's way over here.
    Wacky stuff i tell ya.
    Enjoy the ripped pork!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Well, it was worth posting twice..Has anyone else noted that it hangs for a minute after hitting the send button and you don't know if it kicked in or not..so you hit it again? Result, double post??
    C~W[p]

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Nature Boy, I doo dah..
    I love standing in the wind inhaling that fragrance..Must be my old smoking habit addiction..long kicked. I figure 3 packs a day at 2 bucks a pack saved makes a BGE pretty dang cheap and healthier too.
    x;-)
    C~W[p]

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    C~W, Double posts? I think I set the record awhile back with four. Getting the lovely white stuff here also. Knowing it won't last makes it more bearible. Homeade rub on butt?
    Painter

• Anthony Up North
    Options
    C~W,[p]Maybe your words are twice as important? Surely twice as powerful? Now don't spoil it by asking twice as important as what, or twice as powerful as whom? Just savor the moment.[p]Anthony

• Char-Woody
    Options
    Painter, if I remember rightly, I rubbed this one down with Char-Crust Garlic and peppercorn prior to freezing..then the additional peppercorn and Jalepeno Mustard to give it light bite in taste later on.
    Hope it works out...I made one with Walkerswood Jamacian Jerk one time..I still remember it. Had big bite but drew you back for more, like jerky does.
    I thank George in Colorado for that one...!!
    C~W

• Cajun
    Cajun Posts: 147
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Sounds like a good cook. However, temps here in the Orlando, Florida area are like 80 max today, 55 or so tonight. This weekend was about 85 or 90 and got in fish, venison, lamb and filets on the BGE.[p]Like the man said.... "life is goooood"[p]Cajun