Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NB / JJ Rib Eperiment

Options
Jethro
Jethro Posts: 495
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey All,[p]First off let me wish everyone a happy Easter![p]Well I am trying something a little different today. NB's Ginger Mahogany Ribs, cooked direct as per JJ's direct method. I also threw in some Jack Daniels wood chips. Should be some good ribs in about 3 hours.[p]They already smell great. I'll let you all know how they turn out.[p]Jethro[p]Ps Anyone know what would cause my tab key to start acting like the Alt-Tab combination? Or more importantly how to fix it?

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Jethro,[p]This is completely unscientific, but the same thing used to happen to one of my old laptops for work (an IBM Thinkpad from a couple of years back). It would come up very sporadically so if yours is "stuck" in that mode, it's probably a different problem. I think the solution was something really silly like pressing Esc a couple of times in a row.[p]Sorry I can't be of more help. Damn computers...
    Cornfed

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Jethro,
    The best way to fix your keyboard is to turn it upside down and let the beer drip out. When the keyboard is dry, it should work better. Oh yeah, Kool-Aid and Coke do the same thing. [p]Depending on how long you have had your keyboard, it could just be time to buy a new one. Keyboards are about the weakest link in the computer. I always keep a spare keyboard around. [p]Hope this Helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Jethro,
    That should work very well. A great cooking method is JJ's direct method. How did they come out??
    Sounds great. Curious to hear what you think.
    Cheers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]They were shoe leather for the most part. I messed up in a couple of ways. I let the temp get too high - over 300 and let them cook too long.[p]I did have a few spots that weren't quite so over cooked and those parts were really great. So I am definately going to try this method again, the next time I make ribs. Next though I will make sure the temp stays down and I take them off on time.[p]In the spots I didn't over cook 'em the taste and texture was the way I likes 'em! Just got to do some refinements and pay more attention.[p]On another note, my wife found a seafood recipe we are going to try which should be right up your alley. If it is a winner, we'll post it in the new recipe section.[p]Jethro

• Jethro,
    Well, at least you got that wonderful ginger/pork flavor! Sorry to hear you had trouble. Paying attention does actually help : >)[p]Look forward to hearing how your seafood recipe comes ou.[p]Have a good one. Chilly here.
    NB