Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st EGGsperience.... and a dumb question...

Cheryl
Cheryl Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The lovely cream-colored ceramic interior of my small BGE is now nicely tarnished <G> Cooked a fantastic ribeye steak on it tonight. (and yes...I agree with the BGE cookbook .. it IS the perfect steak! [p]Can't wait to experiment more with my new "toy". [p]My "dumb question": Is there a way (other than Archive) to get to messages prior to midnight on the current date? Or is there a way to ask for messages since a specific date? [p]I must say -- this is one of the friendliest forums I've come across!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cheryl,
    Congrats on the ribeye success, and welcome to the group.
    When you are at the forum index, you can view all of the posts up until the last archive..usually several weeks. If you are viewing "last 25 posts", you only get the current day.[p]And when the archives are working properly, you can view the previous posts by date. [p]Hope that helps.
    Stop back often.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Cheryl,[p]You must be reading the posts from the "last 25" area. I go there but rarely use it. Like NB said, you need to go to the main forum area. Select Main Forum from the links and you can scroll down for weeks. Each thread is grouped with the starting post then replies under it. [p]Tim
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Cheryl,
    Welcome, I also am a newbie and having a great time learning how to use the BGE. You are correct about this being a very friendly forum, you will recieve all the help you need. Try a pork tenderloin soon, it was soooooo good cooked in the egg.
    New Bob

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Cheryl,
    I would like to make one small suggestion, dump the BGE cookbook. It is outdated and you can receive better information here at the forum. The cooking times and temperatures are what are not correct. If you get a chance, take a look at the submitted recipes for a truly wonderful eclectic collection of flavors.[p]Most important is to have fun Egging.[p]Welcome,
    RhumAndJerk[p]