Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grecian Tuna

Options
ab ovo
ab ovo Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In light of Spring Chicken's announcement, I thought it might be nice to add a somewhat healthy recipe to the forum. Sorry no pics but belive me, it tastes good.[p]*fresh tuna steaks[p]Tuna marinade:
*good olive oil
*ground dried basil
*ground dried oregano flakes
*garlic powder
*salt pepper[p]Tuna Topping:
*fresh olives cored and sliced
*mushrooms
*tomatos
*capers
*garlic (fresh or ground)
*salt/pepper to taste
*feta cheese[p]Marinate tuna for an hour.
Sautee the mushrooms until soft. Add tomatos, capers, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue sauteeing for another couple of minutes until hot. Hopefully the egg is hot (450 degrees or so). Add a little alder chips just to give it a little smokey flavor. Cook the Tuna to desired doneness. For me, I cook them for 6 minutes or so. I like it fairly rare. Be careful, it is very easy to overcook tuna. When the tuna is done, put it on a plate and add the topping. Put the feta cheese on the topping. The feta really adds to the flavor. It might be better to add the cheese before the topping to get it to melt a little but not too much. The cheese texture is kind of nice. [p]I would have had pictures but I am such a pig I could not wait to eat it.