Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the BGE has landed, need help finding bricks

Options
SmokeyBear
SmokeyBear Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got the word that my BGE w/table was ready for pickup this morning; so, I happily drove to the store to pick it up.

When I ordered it, they only had one plate setter in the store (they sold 43 BGEs in December), and it was chipped. They told me they had some on order; so, I figured to get one when I picked up the BGE. The problem is that all of them were bought as soon as they came into the shop. They have ordered a plate setter, a pizza stone, and a rack extender to hold for me.

My wife went to the grocery store to get some sausage for me to make fatties, and she went by Lowe's to pick up some fire bricks for me to use as a barrier for indirect heat, only Lowes didn't have any.

Any suggestions as to where I might find some fire bricks? Does Home Depot carry them? I can use the bricks for my grill once the stuff for me BGE arrives.