Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rescue Dry Brisket

Options
CeeJay
CeeJay Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Yall,
Cooked two 14 lb briskets last night. Used Elder Ward's tech with a temp of 275 and used a BBQ Guru to maintain temp. My remote temp alarm went off this morning at 5am with a temp of 210, Apparently lost connectivity at some time because alarm was set for 202 and not expected until much later this morning. Now the problem. I am supposed to be serving this slightly dry brisket today at 1:00 pm at a party for my new granddaugther. Any suggestions on adding some moisture to the meat before serving? It is currently wrapped in foil and towels, setting in a icechest waiting for it's fate. Did some research on the forum and saw an interesting idea, slice place in casserole dish add 16oz coke cola and heat at 325 until reheated. I could slice and add BBQ sauce. Luckily it's not the only meat being served today.

I would use a much lower temp next time.

Thanks
CJ