Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef tenderloin question

Options
Green Eggs and Lamb
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I read QBabe's receipe for drunk and dirty tenderloin. She cooked a 3 pound tenderloin for 2 1/2 hours indirect at 200 to 220 degrees. I am getting ready Christmas day to cook a 7 pound tenderloin at the same temperature. Has anyone done this and can you tell me how long to plan on cooking mine to get it to about 140 degrees.[p]Thanks, Merry Christmas to all

Comments

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    green eggs and lamb,[p]My favorite non-Egg recipe cooks for the same time no matter the size. I'd think that a tenderloin is so thin that it probably doesn't matter what the total weight is - the time would be similar in all cases.
  • George
    George Posts: 86
    Options
    green eggs and lamb, removal at 140° is WAY over-done. If you take it off at 115° and let it rest, and if it's too rare for some, put those slices in the warm sauce for a few seconds. I take mine off at 105°. Better to err on the rare side than on the over-done side, IMO.