Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

to all that doubt the mini (i used to be one)

Options
eggfoot
eggfoot Posts: 138
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
miniwithdogs.jpg
<p />just got the mini (and a large and an xl) last thursday i hade to post and say how well the mini works. i cooked a 3 pound rump on it, some chicken and some beef dogs. i couldnt be more happy with it, this one will go to the lake with me for sure.

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    eggfoot,[p]I'm very close to adding a mini to my arsenal. Your profile mentions x-ray service, what kind of business are you in?[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • eggfoot
    Options
    thirdeye,
    we do service and install of medical imaging equipment in hospitals,family practices, chiro and vet practices. however my latest venture has been into a resturant and bar supply house with my parents. just dont want to get to busy that i cant cook or i will have to quite that.

• eggfoot
    Options
    miniwithdogs.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    i always thought the mini was a "conversation piece" and not that usable. i was very wrong about that, this thing is great and doesnt use any charcoal for two people. works great

• thirdeye
    Options
    eggfoot,[p]I've worked around industrial radiography since '76, and was curious.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    Options
    eggfoot,[p]Rumrunner, C~W and plenty of others cook on them all the time, so I'm sure they are usable. I've just been trying to figure out if they are practical for me. I'm thinking one might be. [p]Most folks have built a spacer to raise the grate, which is easy enough, giving a second height option for cooking.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    thirdeye,
    I use a second fire ring for a raised grid- what I call the grid ring. Stainess pan level with the first ring for indirect cooking. So it cooks for one or two not-so-hungry eggheads, but it's a mini after all. This is where the small egg seems to be a better design as a scaled down large and I would recommend you take a close look at that model to compare. About the only disadvantage is its weight- about twice that of the mini.
    Clay

• thirdeye
    Options
    00e8f14a.jpg
    <p />ClayQ,[p]Heck, I've got a small to go along with my large. You are right, that is the perfect combination. For both of them I've made stainless rings, sandbagger style, for the raised grate mod. This ring would work for the mini too. When and if I go that direction.[p]So...I guess I can add you to the (long) list of happy mini owners too.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~