Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calling Thirdeye-Calling Thirdeye... Come in... Thirdeye...

Options
Lucky Duck
Lucky Duck Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Roger this Thirdeye; [p]Your pastrami recipe has brought me to this message while in flight to heaven. I'll let it be know throught out the universe that Thirdeye pastrami is excellent. Upon my return, I'll get another corned beef, now that I know it's heavenly. Over... [Radio goes dead.] [Only static remains.] Hmmmmmm, [Thinking.] No answer, I guess everybody went out to get some corned beef. No wonder there.[p]Phil, D' Lucky Duck... Over and out[p][p]

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Lucky Duck,[p]Wow, I almost missed this post LOL. Thanks for the kind words, you must have got everything dialed right in for your taste buds. The store-bought corned briskets do make a very good pastrami and for convenience, I use them often. They are great to give as gifts and with a grate extender, I can get 4 on my LGE. For consistency, try to stick with the same brand.[p]One thing to consider is that the processors usually use lower grades of brisket for corning. If you want to go one step further with pastrami you can buy a choice brisket, trim it and corn it yourself. You can also pastrami skinless turkey or chicken breasts that have been brined using the same rub. Here are a couple of options... Randy has a shortcut corning technique on his pastrami page. His technique takes 3 to 5 days and is very good, it uses Tenderquick. Link is below. A few times a year I do a full 14 day liquid brine corn on briskets (or other roasts) with another recipe and then pastrami them. [p]~thirdeye~
    [ul][li]RandyQ[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery