Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Quick advice on baby back times

edited 6:32PM in EggHead Forum
I'm doing some BB's for the first time. I figured I'd try the 3/1/1.5 method or some variation. Never used foil before, but I thought it might speed things up. But the info I downloaded from BBQ Shack says BB's take less time than spares(about 3-3.5 hrs) and that's at 220 degrees. But the afore mentioned method has me Q'ing 51/2 hrs at 250. Any help? They've been on indirect for almost 3 hrs. The shack never says indirect cooking. Any thoughts/times on skipping the foil and going right to grilling. Should I stick with the original plan?

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Dr. Seuss, If you want to use foil..now is the time to wrap/sauce and put em right back on the grill for another hour to hour and a half..nothing is critical from this point on..you can keep em on there in shut down mode after 1 hour in foil for hours if you have too. They stay hot.
    Good luck..
    C~W[p]

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Dr. Seuss, And if your doing em GFW's method..unwrap after a hour and put em back on the grill..your options. Keep at the 220 - 250 heat level tho.

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Dr. Seuss,
    Here is Cat's method of doing Baby Backs. She has perfected the art of cooking them.
    She does not use foil.

[ul][li]Cat's way[/ul]
  • Char-Woody,Thanks much.

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,507
    Char-Woody/Dr.Suess.
    If you are going to wrap in foil, I think it is critical to finish them direct. When removing from the foil they look very "steamed", with a pale color. Finishing them direct will get you that appetizing mahoghany color, and a nice sheen. Just some observations.
    Great weekend to yall.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ