Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Eggs make successful trip!

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
edited 2:15PM in EggHead Forum
Mr. Big and Junior are home safely after 3 days in the high country (high for the East anyway!) The large egg was started on Friday afternoon upon arriving to camp, and burned steadily until I shut her down on Sunday. Friday it was 1.5 inch thick ribeyes, with baked taters cooked on junior. The 8.5 pound picnic was ready at noon on Saturday, and lasted approximately 15 minutes before we were chewing on the bones. Then the dutch oven of beans went on junior, and 2 slabs of spares on the large. The ribs were not done until 8:30 pm, but were worth the wait. The beans simmered for 6 hours plus, and were heavenly. Saturday night the brisket went on, and we sliced it up just before hitting the road home. I forgot the bbq sauce which was a major blunder. I brought along a jar of Mrs. Dogs Dangerously Hot Sauce which we almost killed though!! [p]Overall a huge success. My buddies were all crying for mercy after the brisket. I think we ate enough meat to last them a month. Was great being out in the snow, as we have had very little here this year (I know plenty of you have had enough though!) [p]Relaxed and eternally stuffed!
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
·

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Nature Boy,
    Sounds like an excellent time..glad all went well..short of the sauce that is..LOL[p]Wess

·
  • HuckHuck Posts: 110
    Nature Boy,
    You ain't done with brisket until yer heart has trouble beatin'!!! Well done.

·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Nature Boy,
    Hey bud...since you was out there with nature and all that...did ya try any of them seasoned wild bear chips or chunks...would figure they would be pretty cheap in them parts...probly add a very unique taste to your Q`s....LOL...just kiddin with ya

·