Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Back help and ideas....

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My pops and grandfather are coming into town to help me with some wiring this weekend. It also happens to be my father's birthday (Saturday) that he is willing to give up to help us out.

I am looking for a low fuss method for some baby backs (his favorite, dry rub) that won't require a lot of time prep/cooking/tending the Egg. Usually, I go about 2+ hours @ 300 indirect for baby back and then some if needed for baby backs so to pull them hot.

My thought is a very basic, light mustard slather to set up the dry rub on the ribs. Go at about 250 for roughly 3 hours. {sorry Wess, I love your technique but don't think I want to spend the time involved}. My dad loves ribs but doesn't grill or smoke much at all so the fact that I can turn out decent ribs to him would be great.

Any tips would be appreciated. If my dad had his way, we'd go to Duangrats (DC area top Thai rest.) for his bday dinner. But I am also trying to be thoughtful of my grandfather's palet of country cooking.