Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

question on cooking grid that DrBBQ used with bloody mary chicken wings

Options
ChuckGGa
ChuckGGa Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In the pictures from the Eggtoberfest 2006 Atlanta cookbook (great work by the way), can anyone tell me about the half grid, if my eyes don't deceive me, that appears to be a half grid of some sort sitting on top of the normal round 18" grill surface on the large egg ? [p]I see it in the picture of DrBBQ cooking his bloody mary wings... [p]Is this homemade? or is it from a competitor? or can these be purchased? Someone earlier told me they though the Primo cookers had something like this - any ideas? [p]I tried to email Ray but no email listed in the visitor profile.[p]Thanks - ChuckGGa [p]

8 Green Eggs...I have a problem, ha ha!   1-XL; 2-L, 2-Med; 2-Sm; 1-Mini.       

Comments

• mojopin
    mojopin Posts: 200
    Options
    ChuckGGa,[p]He's in Key Largo right now, but his e-mail is:
    email@drbbq.com[p]I thought the half grid was something BGE was coming out with for the XL, they came out with a half moon pizza stone as well. I could be wrong though. I know others have made their own.[p]Hope this helps!
    -Jill

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    mojopin,[p]Yes it was a prototype half grid for the XL from John's workshop. It got two thumbs up from me and I'd expect to see it available next spring.

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ