Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

butterflied leg of lamb (wrapped around the bone)

We're going to cook up a butterflied leg of lamb, wrapped around the bone in hopes of retaining extra flavor, and will use a classic Greek marinade (olive oil, lemon, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper). Will sear it briefly at high temp, then cook to medium rare, 126 degrees internal, using a Polder. Can anyone give us an idea of cooking temperature (probably 350?) and likely timing to plan on? Also, any brilliant ideas or other tips always welcome! Thanks -- KM

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    KenM,
    Here is a few recipes for lamb,maybe JJ will jump in here soon,he's the Lamb Man.[p]Larry

[ul][li]Lamb and more Lamb[/ul]
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    KenM,
    I like to do the leg whole and not butterflied. I remove ALL the fat (too bitter a taste) and rub it wil olive oil, then make 8-9 pockets and stuff with garlic cloves. Next rub with rosemary. I use a v-rack with am aluminum foil drip pan. Dome temp 350* for 20 min per pound. Internal temp of 150* for medium. Let rest for a few minutes and then serve with Polaner mint jelly. Enjoy.

• JJ, Thanks for weighing in on this. Love your rub, btw, but then, who doesn't. km