Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Adobo Chicken Recipe?

DeetwoodDeetwood Posts: 70
edited 3:51PM in EggHead Forum
Care to share one....I would like to try.

Comments

• DobieDadDobieDad Posts: 502
    Deetwood,[p]I've never cooked adobo, and don't have a recipe to share.[p]But a quick Google search turned up this NY Times article on the subject that is pretty interesting, and also gives some tips on making the dish authentic.[p]Hope you find it as interesting as I did.[p]BTW, since it is a stew, it can be done on the Egg! And I'll bet, a touch of smoke would go well.[p]DD
    [ul][li]ADOBO: SPICY STEW OF THE PHILIPPINES[/ul]
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Deetwood,
    My computer is screwed up so I can't link...However, go to the Archives for Oct. 21st to the post by dhuffjr entitled Eggtoberfest 2006! Look at all of the pics and posts and you will get a killer recipe.[p]Mike

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,821
    LawnRanger,
    Adobo chicken recipe link for you

[ul][li]click here[/ul]
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,821
    try again
    [ul][li]here???????[/ul]
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    DobieDad,
    That is a bit different than how my brother in law does it but it does not make it wrong! Only thing I'd recommend is ditch peppercorns wherever mentioned and go with ground pepper. Unless you like the whole peppercorn thing.[p]Doing it on the egg as Max mentions with Italian dishes really kicks it up to a whole new level I think. You gotta give the natural wood cooked flavor its due.[p]H

• TractorTractor Posts: 287
    Makin' my first Adobo Chicken, gang! Wish me luck!!