Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping:...Thirdeye

Options
Richard
Richard Posts: 698
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put on Buckboard bacon that had been HI Mountain seasoned and packed in food saver marinader as we discussed about a week ago.Decided to do as you suggested and cut into 4 pieces. Pulled 1/2 of the boston butt and soaked 1/2 of that for 6 hours. Soaked other 1/2 for 2 hours. This was pulled from frig at 8 days. The balance is back in vac pack for 2 more days. First batch has been on BGE at 200 direct raised grid for 2 hours. Will let you know the outcome.[p]grs

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    grs,[p]I'll be interested in the results. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Richard
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]one that soaked for two hours as you would expect more salty than one for 6 hours. Both packed in vac for 8 days. Both tasted more like ham but both excellect. Will do the next 1/2 tomorrow. It will be 10 days. Grs

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    grs,[p]You mentioned using the marinating container...what size is yours? (Mine is only 8 X 8 X 2). When you turned the meat did you flip the entire container or open it and re-vacuum each time?[p]My next one I will try the vacuum bag. A guy on another forum just used the Buckboard on a brisket flat, then smoked it for pastrami. I want to try that too. [p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Richard
    Options
    thirdeye, Size same as yours. Opened and resealed after 5th day