Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pizza

Options
Jeff
Jeff Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have lg egg and a platesetter. I want to do pizza and i was wondering if i could cook a pizza on the top suface of the platesetter. What about doing a frozen pizza like a digiornio pizza like this.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Jeff,
    Yes, some folks use just the platesetter, but the platesetter and a stone would be better in order to shield the pie from the hot fire. If you would like to do a frozen pizza, give it a try and use the instructions on the box for time/temps as your starting point. Here's a link to my hints and tips page on pizza:[p]TNW

[ul][li]Pizza Hints and Tips[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Jeff,[p]A plate setter alone is not quite enough to keep the heat of the fire from burning the bottom of the pie before the top is done. Add a pizza stone on top of the plate setter and your in for good pizza.[p]A frozen pie is not a problem. Just place the large grill on top of the plate setter so the pie won't touch the plate setter and then cook according to directions.[p]Egged pizza is well worth the effort.[p]Spin
  • chmoo
    chmoo Posts: 38
    Options
    Jeff,
    I do a LOT of pizza. Best arrangement I've found is platesetter legs-up, grid on legs, pizza stone on grid.

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    chmoo,
    I use this setup as well
    Bob