Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 EGG VIOLATIONS!

Options
EGGOMANIAC
EGGOMANIAC Posts: 141
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
1) I knew my baby girl Large Egg would be deflowered when I picked her up at the fest with a demo discount but I didn't know there would be drips, stains and total misuse of her on the ring and on the interior ceramic? How do I clean her a up bit to get a even coat about her? 1200 sandpaper, wet even? Or should I fire up the Dremel with a wire brish (fine) attachment? Thanks! [p]2) Got home today and saw the pizzed off wife with an less empty can of the devil - starter fluid, 4 balls of adversiting paper (shiny) on the ground, an empty chimney starter and a 100 degree Egg - she'd been there an hour. Further details avaible upon inquiry.

Comments

• locolongball
    locolongball Posts: 414
    Options
    I use MAPP Gas now, I like to start the fire from the top... When I start the fire from the bottom, I have a hard time getting my woods to smoke... Just wondering how u do it, considering you start the fire from the bottom.

Thanks
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    1.) Forget about it. It'll be black, uniformly, before you know it. Only way to "clean" it is to burn it out - high heat, extended period of time. The question is - why? It'll be black AGAIN before you know it![p]2.) Practice makes perfect. That and, IMO, the paper method of starting is the least desirable way to start a fire (even using regular newsprint). My favorite ways are - the gels are great and so is a MAPP torch. Then, it's all in the way you do the vents. Wide open top and wide open bottom. That's it. With a clean egg, and well-stacked lump you should be able to hit 700° in 15 minutes or (very) slightly more.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Pakak,[p]Wow..a voice from the past. You ever gonna show up at a fest so I can see you???[p]mShark
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Eggomaniac,
    1. you need to embrace the dirt.... but you can get rid of it by...[p]2. light a fire, hold temps around 500 for an hour or more to burn off the noxious stuff[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Hi Monica! You know, I’d really like to make it sometime. I’ve been doing tons of traveling in the past year, just not that direction. We all need to make the pilgrimage at least once in our life, don’t we? Say hello to Alex!
  • EGGOMANIAC
    Options
    Pakak,[p]1) Uniform - cool. That's what I want hopefully it will even out.[p]2) Thanks. I heard MAPP is the way to go. Chimney properly done will have to suffice for now - 10minutes and ready.

• EGGOMANIAC
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]You should do the lamb 1/4 inch sliced on french bread with rosemary dill sauce :-)[p](you got the bomb lamb)