Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a Great Evening At Eggtoberfest Meet 'n Greet

Options
DobieDad
DobieDad Posts: 502
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just unreal.[p]First, it is a beautiful night in Atlanta. Clear, in the 70s to start, although it got a little colder with a brisk breeze. The warmth of the hosts and guests warded off any chill.[p]The open lot behind the Mothership sported a huge canopy with wet bars at three corners and two long table lines heavy with dishes that were absolutely beautfully presented. [p]Start with spinach salad with cranberries and warm cheese, duck crepes, seared tuna with wasabi, thin slices of beef tenderloin, lollipops of mouthwatering lamb ribs, and and and . . . [p]The very best part was meeting people who have become friends thru this forum. [p]Putting faces with handles and names, listening to stories, and watching as people you have known only by words on this computer screen become real while they talk about their families, their best cooks, their favored pets, their lives . . .[p]Even before the main day, before the first lump is lit, our first Eggtoberfest has been a thrill.[p]Tonight we are going to bed like kids before Christmas, eagerly anticipating all of the cooking and good chat that tomorrow will bring.[p]Hey Bobby-Q, hey Brenda, hey Ed Fisher (nice to meet you!) and all of the rest at the mothership......[p]..... if we don't have a chance to tell you directly before we leave, WE HAD A REALLY GOOD TIME.[p](and that doesn't EVEN consider tomorrow or the afterparty!!!!)[p]DD & G

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    DobieDad, I didn't see you tonight but there were so many people I did see. LawnRanger! The LawnRanger is here in a surprise move. OneShotOneKill just lost his inheritance. Dad spent it on a trip to Atlanta. MossyShark and MollyVinyl were there as was Spring "Gee, It's Nice to be Here" Chicken. KennyG, RhumAndJerk, MrsDog, YB, MadMax, Spawn, Smokey, DJM5x9, and on and on. I saw people I have never met and I met people who didn't even know this forum existed! This is one big affair this year. We'll try to give it good coverage for all of you who are missing it.[p]
    [ul][li]http://I didn't see you tonight but there were so many people[/ul]
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Wise One,[p]Yep! We'll do our best![p]I saw you and started to say 'Hi" three times, but each time someone stepped up just before me. We will have more time to talk today I'm certain.[p]I left something out of the description of the beatifully catered food . . . [p]There was an entire table at the head of the tent that was full of chocolate and desserts!!! I don't eat many desserts, so I missed it in my description, but boy, did it look good![p]More later, with photos.[p]This morning the sun is breaking thru a low mist . . . . or is that the smoke of many Eggs I see????[p]We are off for a day of Egging with and estimated 1200 - 1500 of our closest friends!
    Heeeee!!!!!![p]DD

• DobieDad,[p]you guys are killing me! Can we have Eggtoberfest in Hawaii next year??[p]Aloha!
  • Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    guava greg,[p]I'm there!