Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Indirect cooking....two bricks or three???

MopMop Posts: 496
edited 5:00AM in EggHead Forum
With all my indirect cooking I have been using three firebricks, Do any of you use two only, I`m thinkin that two would allow the heat to rise to the top easier...[p]Mop!

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Mop, use 1, 2, or 3 depending on the size of the drip pan your wanting to protect. I use 3 on a 13 x 9 aluminum drip pan or sized close to that. If for instance you were making 1 loaf of bread..I brick would be work two would be better, and 3 for a 2 loaf cook.
    Today I ran a out door cook demo on a ceramic cooker, uptown on the mainstreet sidewalk in -13 to -20 below windchill, 2 whole chickens and 2 halved sweet potato's..3 firebricks. Public samplers woofed em down..taters and all...
    Cheers..
    C~W[p]

• MopMop Posts: 496
    Char-Woody, what type of ceramic cooker .....lol[p]Mop!

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Mop, it was one of those Gosh Darn cookers..:-)
    C~W[p]