Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two weeks of Egg-citement (Suggestions Please)

Options
Pharmeggist
Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Egg-heads,
I have got two weeks to play on my Large BGE. Wife has gone to visit her Grandparents to show off our eight month old baby girl. So far I am going to cook steak tonight using the recipe off "The Naked Whiz website" T-rex. Sunday planning on cooking ribs. Past that I don't know would like to grill some Beef or shrimp Kabobs maybe both. Wife doesn't like lamb so I am open for ideas on that too. [p]Give me some suggestions please. I will cook burgers when she gets back. Would like to try cooking a whole chicken on a vertical roaster-- need advice about set-up etc.[p]Egg-cited to read all the responses and appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance!!![p]Regards, Pharmeggist

Comments

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    beerbuttchicken.jpg
    <p />Pharmeggist,
    Try the beer can chicken, hot wings, ABTs, pork chops, pizza, and a 8 lb butt. That will wrap up Monday, after that your on your own;)
    Do the chicken at 350 to 375 indirect for about 1.25 to 1.5 hours until the breast is 180 and the legs feel like they will pull off.

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    3a7db5aa.jpg
    <p />Pharmeggist,
    Or you can go with the pork butt over the top of a brisket flat. That should wrap up Tuesday and Wednesday.

• tinman
    tinman Posts: 42
    Options
    i'd smoke a bologna on thursday and of course cook fish on friday..
  • Pharmeggist,[p]Butterfly Leg of Lamb [p]1 5- to 6- pound leg of lamb [p]Marinade:
    1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon fines herbs
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
    1/4 cup grated onion
    1/2 cup salad oil
    1/2 cup lemon juice [p]The day before:
    Bone leg of lamb and slit lengthwise to spread flat like a thick steak.
    Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients in a blender.
    Marinade meat overnight in a plastic baking bag with all the air squeezed out.
    Remove meat and heat remaining marinade on stovetop.
    Insert two long skewers through meat at right angles.
    Roast at 350* dome 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours, turning and basting every 30 minutes, to medium. [p]Allow to rest 10 minutes then remove skewers and cut across grain. [p]
    Next day leftovers - cut into 1/2 inch cubes, toss with coleslaw mix and a little Zesty Italian dressing. Roll up in tomato and basil wraps.[p]Mike