Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lunch and a Baby Back anatomy question

GJGJ Posts: 45
edited 12:47AM in EggHead Forum
I had the pleasure of having a very delicious lunch at Camp 31 in Paris (Ontario that is :)) with very enjoyale company, Mop! and BBQfan1. Anyway, after having pulled pork, brosket and ribs for lunch I come home with a smile on my face and my wife telling me we are having a treat for dinner...ribs! I neglected to mention to mention to her I was going out for BBQ. My question revolves around the rack of baby backs she purchased. When I took them out of the package they had this big hunk of tail hidden under the rack. There were a few little bones in it but it basically looked like a piece of tenderloin attached to a bb. Was I ripped off?? The rack cost $20!! Hopefully they will taste great in about 3 hrs.[p]GJ.
·

Comments

• MopMop Posts: 496
    GJ, the pleasure was all mine sir!
    That was certainly a good for sure...
    Meeting yourself, bbqfan1, Bruce and his wife along with bbqbob was a treat.
    Like you said, "It`s nice to put a face to a name"[p]About your rack of babybacks, man thats a fair chunk O change for a rack, but Hey, I`ll bet they`ll be good....[p]I gotta get me a cooker like they had at that restaurant.LOL
    he said he could load 150 racks of big side ribs in it....
    YEAH BABY!>>>>>[p]Mop~

·
  • GJGJ Posts: 45
    Mop,yes that was some cooker. [p]Well, it is a little after 8pm and the ribs are just a pile of bones. The hunk-o-meat was not too bad. Inside were what I would describe as blade bones.[p]I did them for 3 hrs, indirect, with a light dusting of Billy Bee Honey BBQ seasoning. My 12 year-old game explicit instructions...no too hot, have to see the bone, and no sauce. They were still delicious.[p]GJ

·