Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lunch and a Baby Back anatomy question

Options
GJ
GJ Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had the pleasure of having a very delicious lunch at Camp 31 in Paris (Ontario that is :)) with very enjoyale company, Mop! and BBQfan1. Anyway, after having pulled pork, brosket and ribs for lunch I come home with a smile on my face and my wife telling me we are having a treat for dinner...ribs! I neglected to mention to mention to her I was going out for BBQ. My question revolves around the rack of baby backs she purchased. When I took them out of the package they had this big hunk of tail hidden under the rack. There were a few little bones in it but it basically looked like a piece of tenderloin attached to a bb. Was I ripped off?? The rack cost $20!! Hopefully they will taste great in about 3 hrs.[p]GJ.

Comments

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    GJ, the pleasure was all mine sir!
    That was certainly a good for sure...
    Meeting yourself, bbqfan1, Bruce and his wife along with bbqbob was a treat.
    Like you said, "It`s nice to put a face to a name"[p]About your rack of babybacks, man thats a fair chunk O change for a rack, but Hey, I`ll bet they`ll be good....[p]I gotta get me a cooker like they had at that restaurant.LOL
    he said he could load 150 racks of big side ribs in it....
    YEAH BABY!>>>>>[p]Mop~

• GJ
    GJ Posts: 45
    Options
    Mop,yes that was some cooker. [p]Well, it is a little after 8pm and the ribs are just a pile of bones. The hunk-o-meat was not too bad. Inside were what I would describe as blade bones.[p]I did them for 3 hrs, indirect, with a light dusting of Billy Bee Honey BBQ seasoning. My 12 year-old game explicit instructions...no too hot, have to see the bone, and no sauce. They were still delicious.[p]GJ