Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flank Steak marinade for Fajitas?

Pig PickerPig Picker Posts: 28
edited 10:04AM in EggHead Forum
Doing some fajitas this weekend and using flank steak as the meat. Anyone got a good and spicy marinade recipe for the steak?[p]thanx
PP

Comments

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Pig Picker,
    Give this one a try. I normally use skirt steaks, but flank steaks work just as well.[p]Hope this helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

[ul][li]Cinco De Mayo Fajitas[/ul]
  • RhumAndJerk,

• RhumAndJerk,[p]Oh man. Thanks a bunch![p]TEQUILA!!!!!![p]I love this recipe ;)
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Pig Picker,
    Here is a quick salsa that I make to go with the fajitas.[p]1 fresh tomato, diced
    Half of a red onion, diced
    2 green onions chopped
    Half of a red bell pepper
    4 cloves of garlic minced
    6 sprigs of fresh Cilantro
    1 fresh Jalapeno, minced with the seeds
    Fresh ground pepper
    Kosher salt
    Mexican Oregano
    A splash or two of Tequila [p]Just mix it all up in a bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator for an hour or two, stirring periodically. [p]This recipe is similar to other Pico de Gallo in the new recipe section. This is merely my version. The name of the game is to use what you have. The other important thing is, given the time of year, invest in good tomatoes. I will spend the money for the ones that still have the vine on them.[p]Have Fun,
    RhumAndJerk