Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Smoke and Spice thumbs up..

Options
KennyG
KennyG Posts: 949
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After 2 grueling weeks on the road and 1200 personal auto miles, at last, a no commitment weekend. Picked up a couple of frozen lobster tails from Sam's club (love that mileage money) and grabbed the cookbooks. Jamison's "Smoke and Spice" had a good looking recipe for marinaded SMOKED lobster (Honey of a Lobster, page 224) and we decided to give it a shot. [p]This one's a keeper folks! The honey and white wine based marinade is a great compliment. The recommended, generic smoker, 35 to 40 minutes at 180-200* turned out to be a little short on the Egg cooking indirect. They were still not quite done when coming up on an hour. A one minute high temp char on the flesh side (membrane removed) was all it took to finish them. Very, very good![p]K~G

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    KennyG, Weclome back guru of the "trails" and "tails"...You been missed. Sounds like "Houn'dog" has some lobster competition now. My wiffy made a pot lobster a month or so ago, and now I have a excuse to better it. I hope.
    Thank's
    C~W[p]