Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TILAPIA

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tilapia on the egg, any suggestions?? Thanks.

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Cutlet,
    You can see a tilapia cook I did some time ago on my website in the cooks section....Me not being a fish eater, cant say much about it, my loved all of the variations....It may be enough to give you some ideas.[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    Cutlet,[p]By far Whiz has the best tilapia I have made yet. I did however, modify his recipe and incorporated some ground up pistachio nuts and a melted little butter into the planko bread crumbs.

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/pankotilapia.htm[/ul]
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    WessB,[p]Your boat....Which marina is that? It looks like one of the many on the Chesapeake. Mine is at Liberty Marina on the South River off route 2.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Cutlet,
    Here's one that Ken Stone posted a while back that I recently tried. Thought is was quite good and a bit different. The only pic I have is of the leftovers.
    Bob

Posted by: BlueSmoke on 2006/05/10 18:48:45
    I baked tilapia filets tonight. I began by flouring and egg-washing them, just like I'd do if
    I were going to fry them. But instead of crumbs, or panko, for the final coat I used crushed french-fried
    onions. Then I baked them, indirect, at 350 for 25 minutes. Not having a baking sheet for the Egg, I lined
    a grill topper with parchment paper. The filets were great!
    Ken

[ul][li]Blue Smoke's Talapia recipe[/ul]
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    BYC,
    We are on the Potomac river...Smallwood state park, Sweden point marina.....actually going down tom. to run south to Port Tobacco to put it up for the winter.[p]Wess

• ArvadaMan
    Options
    Cutlet,[p]Here is a recipe I make for my wife. I egg it on a foil "boat" with
    a little olive oil on it. She loves it.

[ul][li]Tilapia Recipe[/ul]