Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tenderloin HELP

Options
Sam
Sam Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, here's the situation....My mother-in-law is coming to town this weekend for her first visit in my wife and I's new house. I want to cook a beef tenderloin on my new egg, but can't find the "ideal" recipe. Please let me know if anyone can help. The more the directions....the better!
Thanks for any ideas.
Sam
finleymac@yahoo.com

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Sam,
    Here's a recipe posted last year that looks good to me:
    Cheers, Bob

Posted by Zilm on June 16, 2005 at 14:40:24:

In Reply to: Beef Tenderloin Help Please posted by The Hatchling on June 16, 2005 at 11:32:07:

The Hatchling,
    I cooked about 16lbs of beef tenderloin for the Accounting Close lunch for the office (Ted's Montana Grill)
    about two months ago.
    My Boss had given me the Smoke and Spice Cookbook for Christmas and was eager to try the Drunk &
    Dirty Tenderloin recipe.
    It was incredable and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

You will need to marinade the tenderloin over night and smoke at 200-220 until desired doneness.
    I cooked mine to 125 degrees pulled it, wrapped it in foil, towels and lined the cooler with blankets.
    Drove from my home to the Office (Commerce to downtown Atlanta). We ate at about 1:00 and the meat
    was still warm and juicy. Served it with Rolls, Tossed Salad and Onion Pies.

Marinade recipe: (based on a 2lb loin)
    1 Cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce
    1/2 cup of Jack Daniels or any sour mash whiskey
    1/4 cup of Worcestershire
    2 Tbls of Packed Brown Sugar
    1/2 Teaspoon of powdered ginger
    4 cloves of garlic thinnly sliced (or a helluva lot more depending on your taste.)

For a mopping and a serving sauce add 1/4 of vegetable oil to marinade ager removing the meat.
    Bring to a boil. (For the serving sauce next time I would be tempted to add some kind of a thickner
    like corn starch.)

After removing the meat from the marinade, season with Black & White Pepper, Coarse Ground Dizzy
    Pig Bar-B-Que Rub or Cow Lick.

Sear the meat for 30 seconds on all sides before throwing it on the egg.

Smoke with Mesquite and Jack Daniel Wood chips at 200-220 degrees until done.
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 2
    Options
    Bob,
    Thanks for the recipe....looks perfect!
    sam
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Sam,
    Not sure if you are aware, but you posted your request on BGE.net. This is a beta site. Most people read the forum on the old site: BGE.com. Since you posted on *.net, many people didn't see your request. If you post on *.com, more people will see your post. Posts on *.com get transferred to the *.net site, but not visa versa.
    Bob