Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ordered eggsessories from the Mothership

Options
FSUScotsman
FSUScotsman Posts: 754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a story to tell how a retailer shouldn't do it and how BGE is SO superior to a lot of other companies out there.

On Friday, after work, I went to the dealer where I bought my Egg to get a few things...a plate setter, grid lifter, pizza stone. I was told that they didn't have the plate setter in stock. When I asked how long it would take them to get me one: four weeks at least (!!!!) as it can't be UPSed and we don't order them until we order more grills. Needless to say I walked out without buying a thing.

I went out in the parking lot and called Atlanta. I told them what happened. First thing out of their mouth was an apology for the way the retailer treated me, as they told me there was no excuse for what I was told. Next they fixed me right up, for less money than my local. I saved money by calling Atlanta, even with the shipping. Basically the local was charging a bundle for the stuff.

Guess what? He isn't getting another dime from me.

The salesman in Atlanta told me to call him anytime, no matter what the question and he would help me out. Can't beat that for customer service!!!!!